Week 84

 

December 20, 2023

So I'm writing part of this on Tuesday and I'll finish Wednesday because I actually have a moment to breath right now.


You know, we do so much. So much everyday and we put forth an unhuman amount of effort into what we do, and yet at times it seems as though nothing gets done. Even when we're sick (by the way I'm sick again), when we're tired (all the time), when we don't sleep well (everyday), when we're weary of rejection (happens daily)... it's a long list. We still leave everyday, put on a smile and try our best to bring a little bit of light into the lives of others, even when most don't even want it. We leave our homes, our families, our cultures, our languages, our countries, we spend holidays far from friends and families; we willingly do all of this.

But why?

Because He loved us first.

3 Nephi 12: 3-12

3 Yea, blessed are the poor in spirit who come unto me, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4 And again, blessed are all they that mourn, for they shall be comforted.
5 And blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.
6 And blessed are all they who do hunger and thirst after righteousness, for they shall be filled with the Holy Ghost.
7 And blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy.
8 And blessed are all the pure in heart, for they shall see God.
9 And blessed are all the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God.
10 And blessed are all they who are persecuted for my name’s sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
11 And blessed are ye when men shall revile you and persecute, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake;
12 For ye shall have great joy and be exceedingly glad, for great shall be your reward in heaven; for so persecuted they the prophets who were before you.

You know I really detest the word religion. Religion is a man-made concept. The Gospel of Jesus Christ isn't of man, thus it isn't religion. It's a living thing, a reality. But how could you know?

How could you know the sweetest cake if you never try it, believing that it could be the best?

How could you see the best movie without trying it, believing that it could be the best?

How could you know that God loves you and wants the very best for you, that He has a perfect plan, and gives the best gifts, if you don't test His words, apply His teachings, believing that they could be true?

You can't know something you've never tried. Just as man can't be saved in ignorance.

My peace and comfort comes in knowing that through willingly suffering all that happens everyday for His namesake, He will fulfill His promises that He's made with me. I will receive the fulness of joy that only He can offer. I only desire the same for everyone else, but that's up to them.

(Wednesday)

You know I went to the temple today, and when I was praying alone, I received an answer to my question. My question was somewhat vague, but I asked: Father, what do you need me to do in this very moment? His answer was: I need you to let me mold you through the refiners fire.

For anyone who doesn't know, it's a blacksmith's metaphor. To be able to bend steel, you need to heat it up, reeeeaal hot. And then you hit it really hard with a hammer, and you just beat the life out of it. You repeat this process over and over and over again until the final product is a beautiful piece of art.

Sometimes we need to suffer in order to grow. We can't progress without it. It's crucial to our process. I will confidently say that it's a very large part of our purpose for being here, is to suffer.

The trick that most people don't get or believe, is that it's part of a bigger picture; a perfect picture. It's part of a plan. A plan of Happiness. THE Plan of Happiness.

Those who don't allow themselves to be sculpted by the refiners fire, will never become the beautiful piece of art that God knows they can become.

The less we resist the process, the more He can do with us.

I wish I could just give the knowledge I have to everyone, have everyone see the things I've seen and know the things I know. But how could it be that easy.

But that kind of gift isn't given, it's earned.

But I can testify, and I will never cease to do so. Even if every door on the planet is slammed in my face, every insult thrown my way, every sickness falls upon me, everyone I love I lose. I have what most people don't: the truth. And it's worth dying for. My efforts and willingness to suffer are testimony of such truth. And I will never cease to further this Celestial Cause.

The Lord giveth, and The Lord taketh away; blessed be the name of The Lord.

*if I had to chose who my hero is, it would be Job; he is who I strive to be like*

~Elder Owens











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 62

Week 36-38: Return of the Email